God Favored Me: An Old Man Prays

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An Old Man Prays

Source: Tim Rowland
In the Philippines, a copy of this print art adorned the wall of our dining room for as long as I can remember. It was an old copy, framed in a humble wooden frame, not so different from those found in a dollar store. Humble though it was, it was the most inspiring article in the house. Its message of humility and gratitude pervaded the house—and our hearts.

My dad, who was a clergyman, did not make much in terms of salary, but when things were rough, we would always look to this print on the wall and never failed to be filled with a sense of abundance.

This image, to me, says, "The Lord provides" and so He does.

I found the following images on the Internet, while searching for the one above. I think they are beautiful, too.

Source: B.Lemley's Art Gallery

Source: Yovonna's Blog
Do you have similar childhood memories that remind you to be grateful everyday?

P.S.
When my sister bought her house several years ago, she very much wanted to have the same print in her dining room. She was so elated when she found it. I was, too!

No comments: