God Favored Me: Failure Isn’t God’s Rejection but God’s Redirection – Part 3

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Failure Isn’t God’s Rejection but God’s Redirection – Part 3


Failure isn't God's rejection. Failure is God's redirection.
Proverbs 20:30 says, Sometimes, it takes a painful situation to change your ways.
He didn't want me in the food business. He didn't make me a cook. He made me a communicator. He didn't make me to feed bodies. He made me to feed minds.

Failure Isn't God's Rejection;
Failure Is God's Redirection

Like Mommy Eagle, God was teaching me how to fly. He wanted me to get out of the food business because it wasn't my big thing. It wasn't my passion. (I just had a passion for eating!) It wasn't my core gift.

Totally discouraged and without much money left in my savings, I was forced to create businesses that didn't need any capital. The only possible businesses for me were those in my turf: Communication.  My first successful business was corporate seminars.  I was already preaching for 20 years. Why not preach to companies and get paid? I hit the road running. No learning curve. From Day 1, I started earning.

Today, I run 12 small businesses. All of them incredibly successful.

Today, I thank God that my food businesses failed. If they didn't, I would have been stuck there, doing what I didn't love. Friend, is God pushing you out of your nest? Has your provision stopped? Perhaps God is saying, "There's a better life for you than this. There's a better relationship for you than this. There's a better job for you than this. There's a better business for you than this..."

Believe that God wants to teach you to fly!